Thursday, October 16, 2008

YOU CREATE YOUR OWN DESTINY

YOU CREATE YOUR OWN DESTINY

Let me start with a story….. this is about three construction workers who are on top of their half-finished skyscraper.

“Rrrrrrring!” the lunch bell sounds, and the three men sit on a steal beam of the 56th floor with their lunch boxes in hand.

The first guy opened his and groans in exasperation, “Tuyo! (Philippine salted dried fish) There is not a day that I don’t get tuyo for lunch!” He turns to his buddies and announces, “Mark my words, If I still get tuyo tomorrow, I’m going to throw myself from this building.”

The second guy opens the lunch box and moaned, “Tinapa!” (Philippine smoked fish) Everyday I get this for lunch.” He looks at his friends and declares, “Believe me when I say this. If I get tinapa tomorrow, I’m going to jump from here and kill myself.”

The third guy opens his lunch box and it is his turn to despair, “Galunggong! (poor man’s fish in the Philippines) All I get is galunggung!” He looks at his co-workers and say, “I’m telling you, if I still get galunggong tomorrow, I’m going to jump off from this building and die”.

The next day, the lunch bell rings and all three men are again seated on the 56th floor.

The first guy opens his lunch box and starts crying, “Tuyoooooo!” And so in front of his shocked companions, he jumps off the building and crashes to the ground.

The second guy opens his lunch box and wails loudly, “Tinapaaaaaaa!” And before his remaining friend, he jumps off the building and hits the ground and dies.

The third guy opens his lunch box and screams, “Galunggonggggggg!” And so he jumps off the building and dies.

Days later, during the funeral of the three men, their three wives embrace and begin to weep together.

The first wife cries out, “I didn’t know my husband didn’t like tuyo anymore, why didn’t he tell me? If only he had told me, I would have prepared something else!”

The second wife echoes her statement, “Yes, If only I knew, I would have cooked something else, not tinapa!”

The third wife, between sobs, says, “I don’t know why my husband killed himself.” The two wives looked at her curiously, “Why?”

She goes on, “Because….my husband prepared his own lunch everyday.”

.........

I love this crazy story because it presents a very important truth:

ALL OF US PREPARE OUR OWN LUNCH.

If we don’t like our jobs,
....if we don’t like the states of our relationships
.…with our parents,
.…with our neighbors,
….with our friends,
….with our boss….etc.
If we don’t like what’s happening in our spiritual lives
If we don’t like what’s happening in our financial lives –

We have no one to blame but ourselves.

Because….

God has given us free will. He has given us the power to PREPARE OUR OWN LUNCH.

If you want to put more joy in your job,
If you want joyful relationships
Grow in your spirituality and relationship with God
Have financial bliss and live free from debts……

Then go back to your kitchen and prepare yourself another dish.
Because you design your own future
…..You create your own destiny

….Ikaw ang may gusto kung anong meron ka
……kung ano ang estado mo ngayon, ikaw ang nagdesisyon……

Ask yourself...
what kind of future do you want to have?
What kind of life do you want to live……

You decide…..

No comments: